Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Broken Rods

Two broken rods in 4 days, really?  Yes.  On Saturday on the Bad Axe, using my 6wt. I back cast into a tree, and on the forward cast, my rod shattered into 3 pieces.  I stood their stunned, for at least 30 seconds, trying to figure out what the hell had happened.  Then I saw the broken rod piece floating on my yellow fly line, still stuck in the tree.  Bummer, but at least I was able to finish out the day with my 4 wt.  On Tuesday evening, I heard a tip that the sunfish were biting out on Lake Onalaska.  So, I went down to catch some for a fry.  5 cast later, while pulling my line through the guides, snap!  This time it didn't take me long to figure out what had happened.  I don't know what to think about this luck.  At least they broke when there is a week break in the open trout season.  Now lets see who can fix the rod and get it back to me sooner.  TFO, based out of Texas, or Orvis based out of Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog