Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Fly Tying vs. Fly Fishing

This winter has been brutal for this California kid.  I can handle snow and 20 degree days, but endless single digits and below zero temperatures make for shitty fishing... unless you are sitting on a bucket staring at a hole.

This cold weather has given me the opportunity to do a lot of fly tying.  And with a trip to Montana only 4 months away, I have found a new motivation to fill up my boxes with lots of flies that I probably won't need here in the Driftless.

After looking at the pictures, I have come to 2 realizations:
1. I need to get a better camera if I want better pics.
2. I only tie midges and streamers.




Purple 20 Inchers


New Olive Emerger
Olive Tungsten BH Warrior

Yen and Yang

Mike's Meal Tickets
Sculpins or Troll Dolls?

PMD nymphs
RS2s

Big trout, big fly

Mico Mayfly nymphs

Gettin' Old School - Black Ghost

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog