Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Warm water: fly patterns and fish



Trout fishing the driftless area has been amazing so far. But this year I've expanded my horizons, and now I've been doing a lot of warm water fishing. Everything from perch to bass sunfish and a few pike.


The change in scenery and technique has been really good keeping things fresh and interesting. One of the best parts about it is figuring out a way to catch fish using different techniques. Then I can apply those techniques trout fishing. I'm sure that this is going to make me a better fisherman. 






In addition to fishing, I've been doing a lot more tying specifically related to catching bass and sunfish. I have found the magic of the Clouser Minnow and have now I downsized it for sunfish and also found success when casting to largemouth bass. 









So I guess what I'm saying is, if you get bored or find yourself stuck in a rut, then you should get out and try something new. Maybe you should go catch some bass maybe you should go catch some sun fish maybe you should grab your regular fishing pole and bobber and a worm. 

For whatever it's worth. Warm water flyfishing has made me a better angler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog