Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Year of the Scud

Driftless Angler posted this picture at the open of the season this year.


To be honest I have never been a huge fan of using scuds, but this winter I have been turning over numerous rocks and finding lots of scuds, sowbugs, and midges.  So, on my last trip to the Driftless Angler I purchased a dozen of Matt Wagner's (Driftless Angler Owner and Coulee Scud developer) Coulee Scuds in grey and tan, and recently have tied them on as the heavy lead fly with my midge off the back.

The scud has really been producing, and bringing fish to the net.  I have been pleasantly surprised at how productive they have been.  You will not find me in the Driftless fishing nymphs without a scud tied on.

Little brown trout like scuds

Tan Coulee Scud



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog