Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring is here... Right?

Well, the first day of Spring has arrived and gone.  And, with it, all of the snow and iced up eyelets.  If this were only true.  Snow is still around, lots of it in some places, but so are the trout.  There are dozens of trout spooked every time my leaden legs plod up to a good fishing run or clear deep hole that flee in terror of the non-gilled monster with a stick.  I did get out 2 times this last weekend.  I went to one of my old favorite places and visited one of my new favorites.  Both results were the same... SKUNK.  Despite having good success both places the weekend before, I was blanked.  I was getting too cocky anyway.  It had been to long since I failed bring a fish to my net.  I have also learned more about the water I wade.  Although I am not sure what that is.  In any case, the weather is warming this week, and I have a long weekend.  What do you suggest I do?  Fish of course, but not just fish.  Catch, then release.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog